Reimagine Pre-arrival and Orientation
Homebase is an online pre-arrival and orientation platform that sets students and scholars up for success, while reducing the workload on ISSS staff.
Decrease your advising load
Provide an intention space where students can quickly understand immigration and university information.
Improve key outcomes
Increase admissions yield and first-year retention, reduce melt, and address the common ways international students struggle
Effectively engage pre-arrival
Give a great first impression of your campus community by integrating students long before they arrive.
An innovative approach to pre-arrival and orientation
The Homebase platform gives ISSS staff the ability to create a more engaging and seamless transition to your campus–giving students and scholars a greater sense of belonging.
Hear from other universities
Engaging Orientation Content
Homebase provides engaging, professional content to guide your students and scholars. Universities can rapidly edit and launch their site using resources provided by Homebase.
Common uses for Homebase
- F-1 student pre-arrival and orientation
- J-1 pre-arrival and orientation
- Training department staff of faculty
- Study abroad pre-departure
- Domestic students pre-arrival
- Introduction to campus community
- Pre-arrival checklist
- Student discussion boards
- Visa interview preparation
- Maintaining visa status
- Health insurance overview
- Integrating into campus life
- Culture shock and mental health
- Applying for a SSN
- And much more…