English3 is committed to providing reasonable testing accommodations for test takers with documented disabilities or health-related needs, as recognized under the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA). Requests for accommodations are reviewed and responded to within two weeks.
When to Register: Once a test taker is approved to receive accommodations, English3 will provide a unique registration link. Wait to register until you receive accommodation approval.
- Extended testing time. Time and a half (1.5x) and double time (2x)
- Listening section omitted
- Sign language interpreter
- Writer/recorder of answers
- Speaking section omitted
- Additional breaks
- Transcripts of audio elements in Speaking and Writing sections
- State diagnosed disability or disabilities and describe the functional limitations resulting from the disability or disabilities.
- Include educational, developmental and medical history relevant to the disability for which testing accommodations are being requested.
- List all test instruments used in the evaluation report to document the stated disability.
- Submit on official letterhead and be signed by an evaluator qualified to make the diagnosis, including license or certification in the relevant area of specialization.
- Be current. Current means:
- last six years for attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), learning disabilities (LD), autism spectrum disorder (ASD), or intellectual disability (ID)
- last two years for psychiatric disabilities and traumatic brain injury
- *Note: This requirement does not apply for permanent or unchanging disabilities.
- Describe the specific accommodations requested.
- Adequately support each of the requested testing accommodation(s).
- Note: All required documents must be submitted in English or in certified translation
Do You Need Additional Accommodations?
If you plan to request accommodations other than those listed above, be sure to note those accommodations in the Additional Information section of the request form.
Confidentiality: English3 maintains the confidentiality of your documentation and will not release any part of the information you provide without your informed consent.
Contact Information: Email: [email protected]