Take the GATEWAY English test
Get access to all of the benefits listed below:
- Results – Receive an overall score and subscores, including Reading, Writing, Speaking, and Listening scores.
- Test prep – Get realistic practice for the TOEFL or IELTS
- Total flexibility – Choose when you want to test and how often.
We anticipate an initial release in April 2023.
Within 24 hours or 5 business days, depending on the test option chosen.
Up to 2.5 hours. Plan on 10 minutes to complete the test setup and instruction portion.
$99 for most test takers.
An overall score and subscores for speaking, listening, reading, and writing.
The nature of acquiring a new language and the natural process of language atrophy require the interview score validity to expire after 2 years.
Access scores, interview videos, comments and other resources on your dashboard. This is provided as a free resource.
Administrators receive an email notification with the applicant score report as soon as it becomes available.
Student information system integration
Interview scores are automatically uploaded to applicant records in Terra Dotta and Sunapsis.
For an in-depth review of test security, click here.
For a test to be valid, it must be secure. As university customers attest, interview scores consistently reflect exchange visitor English ability once they arrive on campus. Critical elements of interview security include:
- Real-time free response to open-ended questions, simulating real-to-life conversation
- Facial recognition software ensuring test-taker identity
Remote proctoring and scoring by a certified human rater (1:1 proctor to test-taker ration)
Randomized questions from an extensive question bank
Innovative test item types used to benchmark ability across all responses